(Undergraduate) [RESEARCH NOTICE 1] INTERNSHIP PROGRAM PROCEDURES AND DOCUMENTS2019-01-14 오후 1:05 / by 최진희
□ Course Information
◦ Regular Semester (Spring/Autumn)
Type Title Duration Credits No. Grad. Res. Substitution Note Domestic Domestic Internship Program IV<EE Co-op> Regular semester(4 mths/16 wks) 12 INT482 Yes 6 credits recognized for graduation(3 credits for graduate research included when substitution of graduate research recognized) INT492 No ICT Project Internship with Academic Credits Regular semester(4 mths/16 wks) 12 INT486 Yes INT496 No Intl International Internship Program II At least 14 weeks 12 INT489 Yes INT499 No
– Need to apply for “dispatch without academic leave of absence” before the semester begins (Academic Registrar’s Team)
– Application not accepted for last regular semester before graduation (Need to enroll in at least 1 regular semester after the end of dispatch)
◦ Seasonal Semester (Summer/Winter)
Type Title Duration Credits No. Grad. Res.Substitution Note Domestic Domestic Internship Program I At least 4 weeks 1 INT483 Conditional With at least 2 credits in individual research obtained after course INT493 No Domestic Internship Program II At least 6 weeks 2 INT484 Conditional With at least 2 credits in individual research obtained after course INT494 No Domestic Internship Program III At least 8 weeks 3 INT485 Yes INT495 No Intl International Internship Program I At least 8 weeks 3 INT488 Yes INT498 No
– Other recognized substitution of graduation research: Completion of both INT483 and INT484
– Internship credits may be taken during seasonal semesters regardless of enrollment/leave status
– Maximum number of internship credits that can be applied for/taken during seasonal semester is 6
□ Method of Participation
◦ Application Method by Type of Internship
(1) School recommendation
: When participating in internship programs requiring recommendation from the school
– Follow instructions from the department in charge of the internship program
– Submit [Internship program Application] to the Global Leadership Center when
participation has been confirmed
(2) Individual participation
: When student contacts external practice institution individually to participate in practical
– Submit [Internship program Application] to Global Leadership Center before internship begins
– Confirmation by person in charge of field practice required on application, may be substituted with confirmation letter from the company, acceptance letter, etc.
(3) International internship: Submit [Internship program Application], [Invitation from
Institution] to Global Leadership Center
◦ Submission of Internship Application
(1) Application period: Course registration and change/withdrawal period for each semester
Semester 1st application period(Course registration) 2nd application period(Change/Withdrawal) 2019 Spring 2019.1.7. – 1.11 2019.2.18. – 3.4 2019 Summer 2019.5.20. – 5.23 2019.6.24. – 7.1 2019 Fall 2019.7.8. – 7.12 2019.8.26. – 9.9 2019 Winter 2019.11.25. – 11.28 2019.12.23. – 12.30
(2) Students must submit their applications to the person in charge at the Global Leadership Center within the application period, before the internship begins, and before the deadline (E11 Rm 504 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
□ Reporting After Completion
◦ Procedure for Outcome Report and Credit Awarding
(1) Student: [Internship Outcome Report] – submit to school/department within 2 weeks of the
completion of the practical training.
※ Refer to Article 4 (4) of the Guidelines on Implementation of Substitution of Undergraduate Thesis
(2) School or Department
① Request for [internship evaluation]
- School recommendation and CUOP: Collected at the Global Leadership Center and
delivered to the departments.
- Individual application: The student shall submit the form to the person in charge at the
company to submit it to the person in charge at their department.
② Directly registered at the practice institution and delivered to the review committee
③ A separate review committee can be formed by the department to deliberate credit
※ Review of the internship program report shall be conducted by the thesis review committee under Article 18 of the Rules on Degree Conferment. The report shall be graded as S (pass) or U (fail) considering the internship program evaluation. The thesis credits are recognized and S grade is given when at least 2/3 of the panel agree that it is on the same level as the graduation thesis. The grade I (incomplete) cannot be given.
(Refer to Article 4 (6) of the Guidelines on Implementation of Substitution of Undergraduate Thesis)
– Internship program credits or graduation research substitution approved/disapproved according to outcome of the review
※ Graduation research substitution only available to students in 3rd year or higher
(at least 68 credits)
※ Grading: Pass (S) or Fail (U)
– Submit academic credit recognition application to the Global Leadership Center within
1 month of the beginning of the next semester
Semester Deadline for credit recognition Note (Start of next semester) 2019 Spring 2019.7.23. 2019.6.24. 2019 Summer 2019.10.1. 2019.9.2. 2019 Fall 2020.1.22. 2019.12.23. 2019 Winter 2020.4.2. 2020.3.2.
◦ Students can apply for leadership mileage (10 points) when they upload their experience in the designated format on the “Internship Reviews” board at the careers website (http://career.kaist.ac.kr)
- Undergraduate Course Requirements
- The person in charge of Internship programs in each Depts.
- Relevant Forms
① Internship program application form(Student→KGLC)
② Internship Outcome Report(Student→Dept.)
③ Internship Program Evaluation form(Institute→KAIST)
- Undergraduate Course Requirements
- National/International Internship Program
◦ The program has been offered from Spring 2008 to give students chances to grow social skills by adding field ability to theoretical learning
◦ Department in charge: Office of Student Life (Leadership Center)
◦ Application: Undergraduate students who are recommended by the advisor and the internship professor (students in their leave of absence can also apply)
◦ Grades and evaluation : S or U is given as grade. Students are evaluated for grades and graduation research substitution according to their final report and the evaluation sheet made by the company(Undeclared students and sophomores are not able to substitute graduation research)
Course No. Course Name Credits InternshipPeriod AvailableSemester Graduation Research Substitution INT482 Domestic Internship ProgramⅣ: Graduation Research<EE Co-op 1> 12 over 16 weeks Spring/Fall - recognized for graduation research.- 6 credits are recognizable but recognizing how much credits can vary depending on a department
– INT482 is currently only available to students of Electrical Engineering
INT483 National InternshipProgram(Graduation Research)Ⅰ 1 Over4 weeks Summer/Winter Available with 2 additional credits ofIndividual Study INT484 National InternshipProgram(Graduation Research)Ⅱ 2 Over6 weeks Summer/Winter Available with 1 additional credits ofIndividual Study INT485 National InternshipProgram(Graduation Research)Ⅲ 3 Over9 weeks Summer/Winter Available INT486 Project-based ICT Internship for academic credits with Graduation Research 12 over 16 weeks Spring/Fall 12 credits are recognized (minimum for course registration per semester), and 6 credits are recognized for graduation. (including 3 credits for graduation research) INT492 Domestic Internship ProgramⅣ<EE Co-op 2> 12 over 16 weeks Spring/Fall - 6 credits are recognizable but recognizing how much credits can vary depending on a department- INT492 is currently only available to students of Electrical Engineering INT493 National Internship ProgamⅠ 1 Over4 weeks Summer/Winter Not Available INT494 National InternshipProgramⅡ 2 Over6 weeks Summer/Winter Not Available INT495 National InternshipProgramⅢ 3 Over9 weeks Summer/Winter Not Available INT496 Project-based ICT Internship for academic credits 12 Over 16 weeks Spring/Fall 12 credits are recognized (minimum for course registration per semester), and 6 credits are recognized for graduation (including 3 credits for graduation research) INT498 InternationalInternship ProgramⅠ 3 Over9 weeks Summer/Winter Not Available INT499 InternationalInternship ProgramⅡ 12 Over14 weeks Spring/Fall Not Available, 6 credits are recognizedas credits for graduation INT488 InternationalInternship Program
3 Over9 week Summer/Winter Available INT489 InternationalInternship Program
12 Over14 weeks Spring/Fall Available, 6 credits are recognizedas credits for graduation(including 3 credits of Graduation Research)
※ The maximum credit available for domestic internship is 6 credits.
※ INT482 and INT492 are temporarily available and they are only applicable to students majoring in Electrical Engineering. For the two internships only, the maximum credits to be recognized can vary according to the curriculum of Electrical Engineering.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
댓글을 달기 위해서는 로그인해야 합니다.