Readmission Guideline for Fall 20172017-05-24 오후 1:37 / by 최진희
a) Article 55 of Academic Regulations (Readmission)
b) Article 5-2 of Guidelines on Admission and Course Enrollment (Readmission Procedure)
2. Refer to the instructions below on application for readmission in Fall 2017 for dropouts and expelled students.
3. Readmission documents must be evaluated by the department/division and submitted to the Office of Academic Affairs (Academic Registrar’s Team) by Friday, June 30, 2017.
- Details -
A. Eligibility : Dropouts and expelled students on Undergraduate or Graduate programs
o Submission by students : Submit to the department/division office by Friday, June 16, 2017
o Evaluation by Departments/Divisions : Monday, June 19 ~ Monday, June 26, 2017
o Submission of Departments/Divisions evaluation result to Academic Registrar’s Team : Friday, June 30, 2017
C. Conditions for Readmission
o No more than 3 years from the date of dropout or expulsion.
o Students who belong to the following categories are not eligible for readmission.
– Students expelled due to expiration of the prescribed period limit.(For those who entered KAIST in 2008 or before)
– Students expelled due to expiration of the prescribed period limit or students dropped out of school/expelled after getting study period extended. (For students who entered KAIST in 2009 or afterwards)
※ Time spent for military service or long-term treatment of illness shall not be calculated in the precribed period limit for readmission.(requested to attach supporting documents for proof)
– Readmission is possible after 2 semesters including the semester in which dropping out or expulsion occurred.
D. Readmission Application and Review Process
Review by Dean of
Student Affairs and
E. Recommendation for Readmission by Department/Division
The candidate is evaluated on academic capacity, remaining number of semesters, and possibility of graduation based on the advisor’s opinion on readmission and future study plan by a three-members review committee consisting of the the advisor, department/division head, and department/division professor, or a department/division – related committee.
For undergraduate students, the Dean of Student Affairs and Policy will interview the recommended candidate and results will be announced through the Academic/Research Review Committee.
※ Students who were on Undelcared Major at the time of dropping or expulsion must choose an intended department and will be reviewed by the department.
F. Requred Documents for Readmission
1) Application for Readmission (prescribed form)
2) Future Study Plan (prescribed form)
3) Opinion of Advisor on Readmission (prescribed form)
4) Recommendation for Readmission (prescribed form)
5) Academic Transcript
6) Proof of military service or medical condition as outlined in Article55-5 of Academic Regulations (if applicable)
– Previously earned credits will be automatically recognized without any additional procedure.
– Requirements for graduation will be unchanged from the date of initial admission.
– The prescribed time limit of the readmitted student will be counted from the date of initial admission.
– Students readmitted after expulsion will be expelled upon receiving an academic warning.
– Students expelled due to failing the qualifying exam must pass the exam within 1 year(including the period of taking a leave of absence except maximum 1 semester) of readmission, or will face expulsion again if requirements are not met.
– Students can be readmitted only once and will be accepted to the original academic year or lower.
– Tuition for readmitted students shall follow the rules on “Imposition of Tuition fees”
Attachment : 1. Readmission Guideline for Spring 2017(Korean/English)
2. Application for Readmission
3. Future Student Plan
4. Opinion of (Prospective)Advisor on Admission
5. Recommendation for Readmission. End.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
댓글을 달기 위해서는 로그인해야 합니다.